POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The POV "splash" from the beta d/l page : Re: The POV "splash" from the beta d/l page Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:37:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The POV "splash" from the beta d/l page
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 21 Jan 2002 09:38:53
Message: <3c4c27fc@news.povray.org>

> On 21 Jan 2002 09:01:05 -0500, Arthur Flint <mra### [at] chesapeakenet> wrote:
>> Does anyone know if the source for the "Persistance of Vision"
>> splash on the windows beta d/l page is available? I have searched
>> in the included scenes but nothing obvious caught my eye. Any help
>> would be welcome.
>
> Hint: http://oz.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/1998-10-31/running.jpg
> You know where is the source, now ? :-)

  Well, that's not exactly the splash screen, altough it's very easy to add
some copies of the oficial logo scattered here and there. I've done it with
3.1g, when public betas were still not available, and thus it was not at
all ready to include it with 3.5.

  I've done later some atempts to migrate the scene to 3.5 syntax with the
first public beta, but the scene "suffered" a bit from the translation
(filtered textures). Then my windows partition decided it was not worth to
continue working on that scene, and I've lost all my windows data in a hard
disk crash. :( Fortunatelly that was the only important thing I had on that
partition....

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia